Friday, October 2, 2015

My Parents Special Day


October 1, 1938, the wedding day of my parents, John Laurier Decoteau and Cecelia Marie Morneau in Ferndale, Michigan. Dad wore a blue suit and mom wore a blue velvet dress.



I'm sharing a photo of them taken while they were dating in 1938. Good looking couple if I do say so myself and you have to love that car, a 1930 Model A Ford! My father purchased the car for $90, making $10 payments per month. It even had a heater and a radio! They were styling!
 
In October they will be celebrating their 70th Wedding Anniversary! A feat not achieved by very many couples in todays society. This photo was taken a couple of months ago. My parents, born in 1919, are both 89 years old.

"Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad"

~~~

(Original Post October 2008)


No comments: